Asparagine-Rich Asparagus Soup
4 tablespoons of Ghee or Coconut Oil
2 cups chopped yellow onions (about 4 large onions)
1 quarts bone broth
1 pounds asparagus
Himalayan Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Melt the ghee or coconut oil n a large pot over low heat and simmer the onions until very soft and golden, about 25 minutes, stirring often.
2. Add the bone broth and bring to a boil.
3. Meanwhile, trim the tips from the asparagus and put aside.
4. Cut about 1 inch from the ends of the asparagus spears; to remove the tough ends of the spear. Chop the spears into ½ inch pieces and drop into the boiling bone broth, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until the asparagus is very soft, 45 minutes.
4. Pureed the soup in a food processor or hand-held blundered. Return the puree to the pot, add the reserved asparagus tips, and simmer until they are tender but still firm, 5 to 10 minutes. Season the soup with salt and pepper and serve.
Hint: Add extra vegetables into the puree to increase nutrient content, such as leeks or mushrooms!
Dr. V. is a warm and compassionate individual. She is well versed in several forms of medicine. That is why I like her because she can see things from different angles. She is very wise for her years.
Always Positive!! Integrative Medicine has saved me! Thank You Dr. Vazirani!!
Dr. Vazirani is very pleasant, knowledgeable and always has the interest of the patient. I am very happy to be under her care and would recommend her to all my friends